North Halifax Community Academy is a proposed 4 form entry 11-16 co-educational school which plans to open in the north Halifax area.
This new school will help meet the growing demand for secondary places in the area and offer a high-quality education for children of all backgrounds and abilities. The proposed Academy will be state funded by the Department for Education. It will be operated by North Halifax Grammar School, an outstanding education provider.
The Academy will open in September 2019 for the first in-take of Year 7 pupils, and will receive a new in-take of Year 7 pupils each year thereafter until the Academy reaches its full capacity of 600 pupils by 2023.
There are many compelling reasons to create this new school in our area:
- To ensure all children living in north Halifax can attend an outstanding local secondary school
- To increase parental choice within the area
- To ensure smooth transition from the primary to the secondary phase for all children
- To meet growing local demand for school places (it is projected that young people numbers (0-14) will increase in the local area by 14.42% to 42840 (source: Office of National Statistics – 2008 based on population projections))
- To give all children access to great pastoral care which recognises their individual needs and personalities.
Please go to our Events page for details of when we will be visiting primary schools for parents to ask questions about the proposed new school: